Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's taken care of

So I was having a conversation at youth group tonight with a very special girl I'm sooper excited to get to know better. We were talking about our relationships with our friends and the things we can share with them. Mostly we were talking about the place we are in life and how different it is from the lives our friends lead. It's hard to share and relate with relationships like that.

One thing I shared was how basically the last tie I've had to my high school years has been pretty much severed. It was a really crummy way to end a friendship, albiet, not a very healthy relationship. If you would've asked me a year ago, I would be freaking out because it's one more relationship dropped on top of the countless others.

But now, it's not so bad. Why? Because God is taking care of me. It's never been an issue to wrap my head around that statement...but my heart? Tonight was the first night my heart could start wrapping around the idea of God taking care of me... especially when it comes to relationships.

God is going to sustain the relationships that need to be sustained, drop the ones that need to be dropped, and rekindle the ones that need rekindling. Huh... so He really does have control over everything. How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment