Saturday, August 14, 2010

Storms

If you don't know, I'm a really light sleeper. Good luck playing pranks on me while I'm sleeping!

The past week or so, Eau Claire has gotten a bazillion severe thunderstorms. Most of them have been overnight while the vast majority of the EC population is getting some shut eye. But not me, no. Every thunder clap I hear is a jolt to my body. I'm half anxiety filled, half exhilarated by the storms. Reason being- lightning is really bright and thunder is really loud! Living downtown means I see and hear everything. The brighter the light, the louder the boom.

Last night, I woke up to the emergency sirens going off and a storm brewing around the city. For some odd reason, I didn't mind at all. I wasn't frustrated that I was losing sleep. I wasn't scared by the size of the storm. I wasn't worried that something bad would happen. On the contrary, I saw an opportunity.

I started praying. What else am I going to do at 4am? I prayed for my church. I prayed for my friends. I prayed for confidence in myself. I prayed for anything and anyone I could think of. On top of that, I prayed for two hours until the storm finally went away and the weather was peaceful once more. I was amazed by how effortless prayer was.

Even though I know in the back of my head that God isn't looking for perfect prayers, I still sometimes feel like I need to find the right words to pray. Last night was not the case at all. In some instances, I felt like I was praying like a 3 year old... but it felt so right! I knew God understood and I know He's answering/going to answer prayer.

Yay God!

No comments:

Post a Comment