Monday, October 25, 2010

Newsvine

So I have a lot of time on my hands at work. Working in a store that is filled with more "wants" than "needs," not many people come in later in the evening.

In my excessive down time, I've been jumping on an article discussion site, Newsvine. It's just an extension of msnbc.com and a place to hear other user's thoughts and opinions. As of right now, there are many heated discussions regarding politics for very obvious reasons... I tend to skip those discussions since it just turns into name calling.

What I've been searching for and commenting on have been in regards to faith. There are many atheists and agnostics posting articles and opinions online with many christians trying to counter and convert them. I see both views cherry picking verses from the Bible to reference. Honestly, it's a big set-up for failure. How can you "win" via text on a computer screen? From the non-believers, there is a lack of respect for those that believe. From the believers, there is no love for those who don't believe.

It really saddens me to watch all of the selfish debate unfold. I don't have much more thought on the subject... at least not that I can properly type out without misunderstanding. I just have this childish but honest thought that constantly runs through my head- why can't we all just get along... or at the very least respect each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment