Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Heat is a Killer

I have been living in my apartment for three days now... but I have only spent one night sleeping in it. Why? Because the air conditioning is busted. Sunday, our room was over 90 degrees. Yesterday, it cooled off to a balmy 88. Next door to my roomies and I, 70.

One of these days, I will be able to fully enjoy my own room in my own apartment. Until then, I'll just have to sweat it out.

I thought I would be missing my car a lot more than I am. Although I miss the freedom of being able to go wherever I want whenever I want, there haven't been many places for me to go exploring that aren't on the trolley line or within walking distance. All of the students received a 6 month trolley pass. The trolley runs from the front of our apartments to the front of the school- so nice!!!! Even if I had a vehicle, I wouldn't be able to park on campus- there is virtually no place to park.

There really isn't much beyond that to share. I finally got my little dreamy MacBook Pro whom I have lovingly named Rory. He is now my technological boyfriend and we are madly in love. One of my classes started yesterday and it is pretty interesting. My teacher is pretty sweet and makes the class fun and a lot more bearable- that says a lot considering it's a 4 hour class.

That's all. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. im bummed i missed your send-off! it sounds like life as a student is starting out nicely for ya! for some reason i just cant see a 4 hour class + alleli going very well. :) haha. love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete