Friday, September 30, 2011

Fighting

During worship Thursday morning, there was a message.  There was worship.  Then there was a bunch of people talking.  At least that's how I felt. I was distracted. I thought too many people were talking on the microphone not centralized around the topic we were supposed to be focused on. I had the hardest time engaging.

Then I came to find out I was fighting the Holy Spirit.

I spent two hours trying to decipher the, what I thought was, gibberish.  Honestly, it felt like too many people were getting up on their soapbox talking aimlessly. 

God didn't stop for me.  No, he worked through a lot of stuff for a lot of people.  Boys were challenged to step up and be men.  Women started believing they were actually beautiful and worthy.  We found new revelations in being dependent on God alone.

...I say "we" like I participated.  I didn't.  I was stone cold.  I see what I'm doing and I want to change what's going on.  I'd rather not find myself in this nasty funk the next time the Holy Spirit comes romping through the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment