Thursday, September 15, 2011

Old Post

I randomly remembered as an intern, I started a collective blog for all of us interns.  I stumbled across this post. Here's what I wrote-



At my home church, my pastor was talking about Simeon. If you don't know who this guy is, he was the priest who blessed Mary, Joeseph, and baby Jesus. Simeon was the man who patiently waited for Jesus' arrival because it was promised to him. God told Simeon he wouldn't die until he saw the Messiah.

With that knowledge, Simeon waited patiently. He didn't go out to the temple and have his heart skip a beat seeing every newborn that was presented to the temple. He didn't constantly seek out families with newborns on the street corners. No, the day of baby Jesus' arrival at the temple, Simeon felt compelled by the holy spirit to go to the temple. It was like any other day and Simeon just felt he needed to be there to pray. BAM! Jesus was there.

I'm sure you've noticed that God's time and our time don't always coincide together harmoniously. Years are like seconds to our Creator. Ever asked God, "When will ____ happen?" and God says, "Soon, just hold your horses. Slow down. Be Still." ...But soon doesn't come soon enough.

What really caught me during my pastor's message was a renewed vision of Psalm 46:10- Be still and know that I am God.

I won't lie, being patient sometimes sucks. Sitting still sometimes sucks. Not having control over my own situation sometimes sucks.


...but good things come to those who wait upon the Lord. Look at Simeon; he got to see baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment