Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jesus and Adele

I had the most random thought pop into my head and I'm about to hash it out on here-

Adele (the current artist I'm really digging.  I know, I'm a little late to the game) is like a modern day Jesus.  Now, before I get slammed for the comparison, know the side-by-side views are purely superficial. 

Adele is that artist everybody knows about.  Some people are obsessed with her and will swear by her music and talent.  Others will see her as the flavor of the week.  Others still will hate her music and think she is overrated.

It doesn't matter what you think about her, but see how Jesus has been treated the same way?

Some will swear by him.  Some will think he is just the flavor of the week.  Some will hate him.

Know why I love Adele?  Her voice is amazing- it doesn't sound like all the other pretty girls on the radio.  She's gritty, raw, and full of soul.  I would kill (well, not literally) to have a voice like that.  She's making a comeback at the Grammy's and I have every intention of watching her in all her singing glory.

I desire to have the same passion for Jesus as I do for Adele.  Jesus was a gritty, raw, soulful man. He made His comeback through the Resurrection and showed the world His power.  I want in.

Ok, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment